Poet, Playwright, Author (23-Jan-1930 17-Mar-2017)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
William Baer (editor). Conversations With Derek Walcott. University Press of Mississippi. 1996. 211pp.
Edward Baugh. Derek Walcott. Cambridge University Press. 2006. 254pp.
June D. Bobb. Beating a Restless Drum: The Poetics of Kamau Brathwaite and Derek Walcott. Africa World Press. 1998. 256pp.
Paul Breslin. Nobody's Nation: Reading Derek Walcott. University of Chicago Press. 2001.
Paula Burnett. Derek Walcott: Politics and Poetics. University Press of Florida. 2001. 376pp.
Lance Callahan. In the Shadows of Divine Perfection: Derek Walcott's Omeros. London: Routledge. 2003. 144pp.
Robert D. Hamner. Epic of the Dispossessed: Derek Walcott's Omeros. University of Missouri Press. 1997. 187pp.
Robert D. Hamner (editor). Critical Perspectives on Derek Walcott. Lynne Rienner Publishers. 1992. 482pp.
Patricia Ismond. Abandoning Dead Metaphors: The Caribbean phase of Derek Walcott's Poetry. University of the West Indies Press. 2001. 356pp.
Bruce King. Derek Walcott: A Caribbean Life. Oxford University Press. 2000. 714pp.
Charles W. Pollard. New World Modernisms: T. S. Eliot, Derek Walcott, and Kamau Brathwaite. University of Virginia Press. 2004. 240pp.
Guy Rotella. Castings: Monuments and Monumentality in Poems by Elizabeth Bishop, Robert Lowell, James Merrill, Derek Walcott, and Seamus Heaney. Vanderbilt University Press. 2004. 225pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- New York Times Obituary [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.796)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.245)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.1504-05)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1091)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.114)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.733)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.336)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.537)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications