Composer (29-Mar-1902 8-Mar-1983)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Stewart R. Craggs. William Walton: A Thematic Catalogue of His Musical Works. Oxford University Press. 1977. 273pp.
Stewart R. Craggs. William Walton: A Source Book. Ashgate Publishing. 1993. 333pp.
Stewart R. Craggs (editor). William Walton: Music and Literature. Ashgate Publishing. 1999. 269pp. Essays.
Vincent Giroud. William Walton, Composer: A Centenary Exhibition in the Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Yale University. University Press of New England. 2002. 63pp.
Malcolm Hayes (editor). The Selected Letters of William Walton. Faber. 2002. 526pp.
Frank Howes. The Music of William Walton. Oxford University Press. 1965. 234pp.
Michael Kennedy. Portrait of Walton. Oxford University Press. 1998. 368pp.
Stephen Lloyd. William Walton: Muse of Fire. Boydell & Brewer. 2001. 332pp.
Carolyn J. Smith. William Walton: A Bio-Bibliography. Greenwood Press. 1988. 246pp.
Neil Tierney. William Walton: His Life and Music. R. Hale. 1984. 303pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1530)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.373)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.1469)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (pp.939-40)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (pp.1096-97)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.505)
- Thames & Hudson Encyclopedia of 20th Century Music (p.189)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.542)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications