Novelist, Playwright (16-Apr-1844 13-Oct-1924)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
James Lewis May. Anatole France: The Man & His Work: A Critical Biography. New York: John Lane. 1924.
Jeanne Maurice Pouquet. The Last Salon: Anatole France and His Muse. New York: Harcourt, Brace And Company. 1927. 362pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.537)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.92)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.483)
- Authors Today and Yesterday (pp.250-55)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.363)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of Foreign Literature (p.87)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.219)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.29)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.163)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications