Geologist (14-Nov-1797 22-Feb-1875)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Edward Bailey. Charles Lyell. Garden City, NY: Doubleday. 1963. 214pp.
T. G. Bonney. Charles Lyell and Modern Geology. New York: Macmillan. 1895. 224pp.
Leonard G. Wilson. Charles Lyell: The Years to 1841: The Revolution in Geology. Yale University Press. 1972. 553pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.928)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.313)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.246)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.210)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.308)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.322)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.139)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.281)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications