Sports Figure, Politician (17-Nov-1930 2-Sep-2006)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Bob Mathias; with Bob Mendes. The Bob Mathias Story. Sports Publishing LLC. 2001. 240pp.
Jim Scott. Bob Mathias: Champion of Champions. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. 1952. 247pp.
Myron Tassin. Bob Mathias: The Life of the Olympic Champion. St. Martin's Press. 1983. 116pp.
Chris Terrence. Bob Mathias: Across the Fields of Gold: Tribute to an American Hero. Lenexa, KS: Addax Publishing Group. 2000. 112pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.464)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.700)
- American Lives: Sports (vol.2, pp.128-30)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.531)
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.874)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications