Golf (21-Dec-1892 5-Oct-1969)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Thomas Clavin. Sir Walter: Walter Hagen and the Invention of Professional Golf. Riverside, NJ: Simon & Schuster. 2005. 370pp.
Walter Hagen; with Margaret Seaton Heck. The Walter Hagen Story. New York: Simon & Schuster. 1956. 342pp.
Ernest Hargreaves; with Jim Gregson. Caddie in the Golden Age: My Years with Walter Hagen and Henry Cotton. London: Partridge Press. 1993. 179pp.
Stephen R. Lowe. Sir Walter and Mr. Jones: Walter Hagen, Bobby Jones and the Rise of American Golf. Chelsea, MI: Sleeping Bear Press. 2000.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.300)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.219)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.439)
- American Lives: Sports (vol.1, pp.373-75)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.523)
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.867)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.263)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications