AKA Chinmoy Kumar Ghose
Birthplace: Shakpura, East Bengal, Bangladesh
Location of death: Queens, NY
Cause of death: Heart Failure
Race or Ethnicity: Asian/Indian
Executive summary: Meditation guru
Youngest of seven children born in Bangladesh when it was part of British India. He moved to New York City in 1961, founded a meditation center in Puerto Rico in 1961, and founded the Sri Chinmoy Centre in New York City in 1970.
Chinmoy engaged himself in feats of strength or other types of recreational OCD:
Followers included musicians John McLaughlin and Carlos Santana.
- Lifted 7063.25 pounds with one arm (30-Jan-1987)
- Performed 2038 standing calf raises (4-Dec-1986)
- Lifted a seaplane weighing 3362 pounds (19-Oct-1986)
- Painted 16,000 pictures in one day
- Penned 14 million line drawings of birds
- Completed nearly two dozen marathons
Risk Factors: Vegetarian, Yoga
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2013 Soylent Communications